- This event has passed.
CRASH Filmmaking Camp
October 10, 2021 @ 9:30 am - October 24, 2021 @ 6:00 pm PDT
A FREE three-Sunday filmmaking workshop specifically for Black youth aged 9–12 at the Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute.
LANGSTON is proud to present a FREE three-Sunday immersive filmmaking workshop for Black youth aged 9–12 in participation with SIFF Education. Youth will practice the art of storytelling and learn to bring their ideas to life, creating short films around culturally appropriate themes based on historical figures of the central district and specific social justice issues from the community.
These workshops are free and require a commitment to attend all three workshops. Students who attend all three workshops will receive a $100 stipend for participation.
Please complete the registration form with your student.
Workshop dates will be:
Sunday, October 10th, 9:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday, October 17th, 9:30am – 6:00pm
Sunday, October 24th, 9:30am – 6:00pm
All workshops will be held at the Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute (104 17th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144) with a screening of their work at 5:30 pm each day for family and friends.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Masks are required for everyone, at all times while inside the building; except when eating/drinking
- Full vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours is highly recommended
- Regular hand-washing will be encouraged throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building
- All rooms and surfaces are disinfected before and after use and sanitizer wipes are available for immediate use when needed
- During the workshops, some activities and meals will be outside to allow for additional distancing and fresh air ventilation, weather permitting
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Difficulty breathing