LANGSTON + SIFF Present
EditionNovember 22 – 24, 2021 | 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Free. Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute
We All Have A Story To Tell.
Create a few short films in just three days! In small groups of three to six, Black film students (aged 9-12) will practice storytelling techniques while learning the basics of working together as a movie crew, writing scripts, directing actors, using accessible filmmaking technology, and digital editing.
Monday, November 22–Wednesday, November 24
Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute (104 17th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144)
Students apply to be a part of this FREE filmmaking program, a co-presentation by LANGSTON and SIFF. There are expected to be 20–25 confirmed students for the program and any who complete all three sessions will be paid a $100 stipend upon conclusion.
COVID Safety Protocols
- Masks are required for everyone, at all times while inside the building; except when eating/drinking
- Per state mandate, full vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours is required for anyone over the age of 12 entering the building
- Regular hand-washing will be encouraged throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building
- All rooms and surfaces are disinfected before and after use and sanitizer wipes are available for immediate use when needed
- During the workshops, some activities and meals will be outside to allow for additional distancing and fresh air ventilation, weather permitting
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- Nausea or vomiting
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Difficulty breathing
As we continue to follow all city and state guidance, we will immediately notify all registrants of any changes or cancellations due to potential capacity restrictions or phase rollbacks.
This Filmmaking Camp is taught by a professional film educator and a group of filmmaking mentors. Students will get a comprehensive experience creating several short films and learning new storytelling techniques.
All equipment is provided. Students just need to bring a morning snack, a sack lunch, and their creativity for each day of the camp. A light nutritious afternoon snack will be served.